Sathya Sai Education Announcement
An announcement to honour teachers of Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning was made after Swami’s evening darshan at Prasanthi Nilayam today. Tomorrow 18th June 2006 the selected teachers/ educator etc. will receive `Swarna Kankanam' for their outstanding service in providing the best education in the world. The Sai Institute has several distinctive features.The more important among them are… Teachers must be examples of Love and Truth."Teachers are reservoirs from which, through the process of education, students draw the water of life. If one student is bad, only that student is affected. But if one teacher is bad, hundreds of students get spoiled."-Sai Baba
The Institute has several distinctive features. The more important among them are:
- Free Education: The Institute does not charge any type of fees - tuition fees, laboratory fees, library fees, examination fees, caution deposit and the like.
- An open admission policy enabling students from all over the country to seek admission to various courses, irrespective of income, class, creed, religion or region, making it truly national in character.
- Merit based selection through a very comprehensive testing and interviewing procedure giving adequate weightage to intellectual attainments and intuitive insight.
- A very favourable teacher-pupil ratio for closer rapport between students and faculty.
- Residential character of the Institute with students and faculty staying on the Campuses.
- Development of Scientific Research at the doctoral level relevant to the local and national needs; introduction of educational technology through the installation of a modern space theatre in rural surroundings providing an opportunity for the students and the faculty to develop various kinds of simulation exercises and also formulate programmes of a creative and constructive character.
- Integrated courses of five years duration in order to promote talent.
- Maximum number of working days, fuller utilisation of national holidays and important festivals for educational purposes and extension work.
The success of the Institute in upholding these high ideals may be judged from the fact that everything operates with clockwork precision. In particular, there is never any student unrest. Examinations are always held on schedule as announced, and the Annual Convocation of the Institute invariably takes place on November 22. Sai students are scattered throughout the Globe, and wherever they are, they remain committed to the values they had imbibed while studying.The Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning was founded on November 22, 1981, by Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. An autonomous body, it has been recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, and the University Grants Commission (UGC), as a Deemed University vide their notification no.F9-11/81-U.3 dt.10.11.1981. The Institute has been admcitted as a regular member of the Association of Indian Universities vide their letter no. Meet/Reg.Memb/86/97596 dt.20.4.1986.History
The Institute which grew out of the Colleges founded earlier by Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba at Anantapur (A.P.), Whitefield (near Bangalore, Karnataka) and Prasanthi Nilayam (A.P.), aims at imparting integral education, development of character being considered the primary objective of education.
In practical terms, the programmes offered by the Institute seek to combine the best of both our ancient traditions, and modern advancements. While the foundations are the eternal human values, the superstructure relates to today’s Society. The Institute subscribes wholly to the concept and practice of national integration and has adopted an open admission policy, based on merit, encouraging the enrollment of boys and girls from all over the country. In order to effectively mould the student’s personality, hostel living has been made compulsory and patterned in the ancient Gurukula style.
Copyright © Sai Baba EXPOSED! 2005-2007. Discuss this post!
Return To Main Page