Sai Baba EXPOSED!

10 November 2005

A Bracelet Story

I'd like to relate an incident about one of Sai Baba's materialisations. I was personally present when this happened in an interview that took place on the morning of Sunday, 31st January 1993, at Prashanti Nilayam. I've related this story several times here and there, but I'd like to keep a record here for posterity.

During said interview, Sai Baba materialised a copper bracelet for a male devotee, of whose country of origin I am unsure. Much has also been said about Sai Baba's capability for materialisation of various objects. I cannot say for sure whether this was a genuine materialisation of a reach-behind-the-cushion event as I was too much in awe of his presence to observe properly, so for the sake of argument we will refer to it here as a 'materialisation'. However, what happened next took place in full view of the interview room.

For some reason, this bracelet did not fit around the recipient's wrist. Sai Baba was desperately trying to squeeze it onto the recipient's wrist and made several attempts to enlarge it by pulling the open ends apart in order to make it wider, but to no avail. The room was in silence as everyone waited for Sai Baba to finish his ritual of benediction.

Finally, Sai Baba gave up and dismissively threw it into the devotee's lap and carried on with the interview by talking to other people. I can admit to being guilty of having the devotee mentality and interpreting this entire incident as a 'leela', even though I was quite surprised at watching all of this take place.

As I walked along with my group the next morning to darshan, we happened to meet that fellow again as he sat with a couple of his group members on the steps leading to the Poornachandra hall. Somebody observed how he was wearing his copper bracelet on a string around his neck, and we all laughed at Sai Baba's leela of being "incapable" of changing the bracelet's size and continued to discuss the other events of the interview. I have no idea where this devotee is now, nor do I know if he is still in possession of the bracelet. Goodness alone knows if he still wears it on a string around his neck!

For all the stories we hear about rings and watches being a perfect fit; for all the stories we hear about them not being a perfect fit but were subsequently resized by Sai Baba's blowing on them; for all the stories we hear (from Sai Baba, incidentally) of how he has "magic spirits" from "Sai Stores" working for him and providing him with all these trinkets, here is at least one story that highlights his complete incapability of changing a bracelet size even by manual handling. Not to mention the fact of how this was witnessed by an entire room full of devotees. Let this story go on the record to serve as a curious example of Sai Baba's materialising capabilities.

Labels: , ,




Copyright © Sai Baba EXPOSED! 2005-2007. Discuss this post!

Return To Main Page

2 Comments:

  • How do we beleive that what you are saying is true?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 03 July, 2007 16:43  

  • How can anyone obtain proof of anything, including Sai Baba's "miracles"?

    There are a number of ways to obtain proof, one of which is to witness it oneself. All I can say is that I have nothing to lose in this instance since I am relating something that I directly witnessed taking place in an interview I had.

    By Blogger Swami Saiexposedananda, at 04 July, 2007 03:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home